cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to book engineer slot to install longer cable to hub

binboys
Joining in

Router isn't in the best position in my flat. Would like to move the hub to a more central point, but the wire from the box isn't long enough. I've checked the rest of the forum and they say that I need to pay for £25 for an engineer to come out and install a longer cable. This sounds great, so I'd like to do that but calling virgin media or looking for the live chat doesn't seem to connect me with anyone able to action that.

So: please let me book an engineer slot to get a longer cable. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you wait here a couple of days a VM Mod will pick this up and arrange.  If your need is urgent, you would be best to ring VM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

binboys
Joining in

Thanks. The issue I had with calling is that there's a known fault in my area, so the phone system assumes that I'm part of the river of complaints they're getting about that, rather than a guy asking for a longer cable

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That in itself may cause problems, as VM generally will not dispatch technicians when there is a known fault in the area.  Hopefully the computer system will not say no .......    😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @binboys 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. 

Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @Adduxi 👍

Regards,
Daniel