Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Looking to Join

Looking to join, would it be possible to have just broad band? And no home phone or TV or phone sim.

Also I don't have any credit rating as 19 turning 20 in June. would this be a problem?

Also regarding the quick start. I'm missing a price of the virgin media connection inside my room I assume it's to connect the wire coming from the outside to go into the broad band box. How would this effect the quick start and how much would it cost for a new price?

Also if I go through the quick start would I still have to pay the £35 setup costs?

Forgive me if I seem like I haven't done much research I haven't got any internet at the moment and have had to use Barclays WiFi to post this after having a brief look at the options.

I would've called but due to Covid-19 it's made this difficult.

Many thanks

Alex

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Looking to Join

I am a virgin media technician helping out on the forum.. I will private message you

Gareth

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Looking to join, would it be possible to have just broad band? And no home phone or TV or phone sim. yes called broadband solo..

Also I don't have any credit rating as 19 turning 20 in June. would this be a problem? this might require a deposit

to get the connection would require a manned install think this is £40, and possible the £35 might also be chargeable but could haggle over this.

you could try and order via online https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

to get the connection would require a manned install think this is £40, and possible the £35 might also be chargeable but could haggle over this.

Is this the case as the person who lived here before me has already had it wired and setup inside it's just a connection block that's missing I could try to have a look to see if it's been put in the attic

£40 is a lot for just internet setup when it's already wired into the room

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I've messege u if you could get back to me I can tell you all you need to know and get you signed up

Cheers

Craig

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos