Menu
ogdtthomas14080
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Longer Cable

Hi

I have recently had my quick-start pack and I have tried to set it up but the cable from the wall box is not long enough can anyone help also might need to book an engineer to come and set it up if anyone could help this would be great

tried to phone 

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Longer Cable

You can either phone in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
ogdtthomas14080
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Ok thank you

0 Kudos
TMurray
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi

What is the best telephone number to call to ask for a longer cable to connect the Hub 3 router to the internet connection coming into the house?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi TMurray,

welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Can we ask if you need to relocate your hub to a different part of the house is this why you're asking about extending the cable?

Unfortunately if you require a longer co-axel cable we would charge for a technician to come out and do this for you at the cost of £99.

Please can you let me know if this is what you wanted to do?

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos
TMurray
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Jodi. Yes, we need to relocate our hub to a different part of the house. Can you please let me know the earliest date upon which a technician could come out and do this.

Kind regards 

Tony

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi TMurray, 

We would be unable to book at this time due to COVID policies. As this is non-essential, we do not have a date set of when we can do non-essential works

Zoie

0 Kudos
TMurray
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Internet access is essential for me to work from home. Can that not be taken into account?
Thanks
Tony
0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

You do have internet you just wish to move the hub,

We cannot put yourselves or our technicians at risk for this I am sorry.

Zoie

0 Kudos
TMurray
Joining in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoe

Is there any update on when an Engineer can come out to do this work, please?

Tony

0 Kudos