Menu
sgh7
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Long installation delays

Was promised a set-up by an engineer on 02/04/21. Then got delayed as outside work needed to be completed. Was promised by customer services that this would be completed in time for our installation now scheduled for today (19/4/21). This morning an engineer turned up and said he doesn't know why he's been sent as the work hasn't been completed and so he left.

50 minutes on the phone to VM subsequently and they're now saying that it will be 8 weeks until the install can be completed!

Any tips on how to speed this along? In all honesty CS have been next to useless and seem to be going around in circles.

Thanks

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Long installation delays

most of that 8 weeks will be for a council permit if the outside work is digging holes - so unless you have a way of speeding up that process there is nothing VM can do about it

Tony
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Long installation delays

Hi there @sgh7

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to hear that there has been a delay with your installation and that additional work is required.

As our VIP @-tony- advised we do require local authority permits to go ahead with the work - the timescale we are advised for these is between 6 - 8 weeks and I am sorry to advise that there is nothing we can do to bring things forward any quicker. 

I was able to locate your account from your forum information and can see that you have since been in touch with our teams about your installation and have been provided with an update.

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos