cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location of router

elrasho
On our wavelength

Hello,

I am looking to switch over to Virgin next month, the 200MB, phone and TV package.

I really want the Virgin router to be located in the same location as my current one; in the landing upstairs. This is because I run an Ethernet cable from it to my room in the loft.

Will Virgin accommodate this or will I be stuck with having the router in a location the engineer wants to install it?

Thanks

46 REPLIES 46

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You really, really need to get an extension with Plusnet, or a temporary mobile broadband connection.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

elrasho
On our wavelength

I'm actually thinking of cancelling with virgin media and sticking with Plusnet. The speed is slower but it's better than not having any Internet 

elrasho
On our wavelength

Contacted customer services today and they said an engineer was at the cabinet on Friday and will finish the work by 7pm today.

I was told once they have finished their work I'll be contacted to confirm they are ready for the install day. Fingers crossed. 

Once connected you have a 14-day cooling off period in which you can cancel your VM contract without penalty, so hang in there.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Yes I'm just worried the engineers might not show up on the install date and I'm left with no Internet 

As advised, do not cancel your contract with Plusnet until VM works.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I have no choice, Plusnet are turning off their services on the install date as Virgin have told them I am moving to them. 

I will give it some time and if I haven't heard from Virgin about the pre install road work then I'll cancel with them, I can't afford the risk of not having any Internet if Virgin don't show up

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Virgin should not be telling Plusnet to disconnect until they have replaced your connection.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

elrasho
On our wavelength

They have to so that Virgin can take over the phone line, I am moving my landline to them too. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Only a working landline can be transferred, so your Plusnet line must stay until Virgin's phone is working. 

- jpeg1