Menu
foggynervosa
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Livid! - 3rd Attempt at Installation Cancelled With No Notice

Hi all,

Just off the phone with VM Installation Team who have admitted that my installation booked for today between 8am and 1pm, has been 'postponed'.

Initially I was told the engineer visited the property but couldn't complete installation as he did not have the right equipment. When pressed, it seems he didn't visit the property after all - I knew this because I've been in all morning - and that the install was cancelled because they didn't have any routers. wth, they would have known they had supply issues with equipment before they guy gets in the van..

Why did they not contact me to say it was cancelled?

This is the 3rd attempt at installation and I am incredibly angry and frustrated by the ineptitude and buck passing of this company. Apparently I have to wait 3-5 working days for the 'back office' team to call me to arrange another installation - which will no doubt be in the New Year.. There goes Xmas video calls to family during the pandemic..

Thanks a bunch Virgin Media.

Will the Automatic Compensation Scheme apply in this circumstance?

B.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Livid! - 3rd Attempt at Installation Cancelled With No Notice

As you havent actually been connected and activated yet -just call in and cancel the contract free of any charges and look at another ISP.

Or get a temporary connection with them and just wait till VM get it sorted

Lots of posts on these fora suggest that VM (like others of course) are suffering shortages of new equipment because of the fiasco at the ports.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos