Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Little internet since 2030hrs 27.4.20

Had no internet from 2030hrs 27.4.20 to 1000hrs on 28.04.20. since then the internet has worked for 30 minutes here and 10 minutes the next. Sick to death of resetting the Hub 3. Got 3 people all attempting to work from home. All the diagnostic s on phone apps and website just tell me sorry not available now try later. What is available by means of Twitter tells me the small problem was fixed in the early hours! I can understand the strain everything and everyone is under, just so incredibly frustrating. Can't get through on phone. In North Leeds.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Little internet since 2030hrs 27.4.20

Read this first

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/04/intermittent-internet-connectivity-woes-strike-virgin-...

Then try switching the Hub off for 10' and restarting. If that doesnt work - try a 60 second pinhole reset.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sir thanks for response. Tried both now numerous times with no joy. Having to reset every 20 to 20 minutes now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK You could try a factory reset – a lot of the VM techies are suggesting it as a first option.

A pinhole reset on a Hub3 can be a bit problematic - so do it EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).

Firstly, make sure the Hub's sticker/card with the two passwords on it is still there and legible or you will be stuffed ! If its not – DON’T DO IT !

With the Hub "on" disconnect any ethernet connections and push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Leave it 5' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings one to access the Hub.

See if that sorts it - if not report back and we can look at other things.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

John, thanks again for reply.

Tried as above, WiFi will come back on again. Router hardwired direct to PC via ethernet cable, still will not connect, still getting messages on troubleshooter regarding does not have valid IP address, or DNS settings. Followed lots of internet advice regarding resetting these via command prompt in admin mode. I have just done a fresh install of Windows 10. Only Windows firewall on at the moment.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Update,

Tried connecting the router via Ethernet cable to 2 different laptops and got the same issues regarding no valid IP address.

Put the Router in Modem Mode and again direct connection via Ethernet cable direct to the PC and also the two laptops and got the same problem of no valid IP address. Then had a hell of a problem getting the router out of Modem mode via the factory reset method.

Contacted support this morning and literally after 30 seconds on the phone the lady declared a faulty router and ordered a new one. Can't fault this service, but for the next 3 to 5 days I am faced with jumping up every 20 to 25 minutes to reset the router as the WiFi drops out, with 3 people working from home it is causing me no end of grief.

Thanks to John for his efforts in attempting to help.

0 Kudos