Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Link Hub 3 to Virgin Connect App

Hi Everyone, 

I have the hub 3 but I cannot got the Connect App to find it. 

I have carried out a reset, I've followed tech help but it still won't link. I get message can't find hub! In the help section of the app, I am connected.

I have had the hub connected to the app previously so I know it should work. I lost connection after having to reset the hub. I've also tried uninstall ING and reinstalling the app.

No idea what else is left to try, any one have any suggestions?

Cheers

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Link Hub 3 to Virgin Connect App

Uninstall the App.

Reboot your phone.

Use the Hub GUI at 192.168.0.1

Forget the app before you throw something at the wall.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

MikeRobbo, that deserves a thousand kudos.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike, 

Just need to work out how to only have 2.4 option available until home cameras are connected.

I hate tec 😢

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You may be as well refining your Wi-Fi management, it will certainly help keeping track of your Wi-Fi frequencies.

Best done with a cable connected device.

Instructions for Hub 3

Advanced Settings > Wireless Signal > click ‘Disable Channel Optimization’ > Click ‘Apply Changes’.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add 2 to the 2.4GHz Channel name > Add 5 to the 5 GHz Channel name > Click ‘Apply Changes’

You can leave the passwords the same as they are. 

Log out of the Hub.

You will need to reconnect all you Wi-Fi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

2.4GHz is a stronger signal but slower than 5GHz so if you have problems on 5GHz change to 2.4GHz.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020