Menu
WittsEnd1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Line Installation pain

Good evening all,

My road has no pavement but there is a Virgin line and most of my neighbours have Virgin.

I signed up for Virgin Media broadband on 28th July thinking I would need a phone line installed. Installation was scheduled for 8th August.

I attempted to speak to Virgin Media about this as I was surprised preparatory worked didn't appear to be being scheduled and given the terrible communication avenues provided wasn't able to speak to anyone who was able to reliably tell me all was well. 

On said date the installer arrived and within a few minutes confirmed that there wasn't a line installed and that he wouldn't be able to do this but would raise a job to have the line installed. The same day this was scheduled for August 28th with a "service request" a few days beforehand.

By August 28th nothing had really happened. Since then I've had Kier turn up to install the line, look at the job and state that a road closure permit should have been requested and would be required.

In early September another outsourced company turned up to reaffirm that they couldn't "bend the rules" and that a permit would be needed and the line pulled through the existing trunking overnight. The teams manager appeared to turn up hours later to confirm this.

Weeks have now passed and I've not heard a thing.

Logging on the Virgin Media website I now get messages saying "You're not with Virgin anymore". I can't even speak to anyone to ascertain if they've fired me before I've even started as a customer or whether this is just a glitch!

Has anyone had similar experiences? Do you have any tips? How do you get information from Virgin? I'm not getting any updates about what's happening and can't find out, it's so frustrating!

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line Installation pain

Hello WittsEnd1, 

Thanks for using the forums to get an answer for this frustrating issue, I am so sorry that you've been through this poor experience. 

Has there been any update since you last posted here? 

Sometimes installations can be delayed for multiple reasons of which some are out of our control, we do try our best to keep the customer informed but I am sorry this wasn't the case this time. 

Please let me know how things are and if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
WittsEnd1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan,

Thank you for your message I really appreciate you reaching out.

I contacted the (presumably offshore) team via text as I've struggled to speak to Virgin Media via any other medium. They tell me that they're sorry but "your account has been cancelled", they claim there is a "fault" and "no proper signal so which we can't install the service at your property". 

Given there's cabling in the road and my immediate neighbours directly opposite have Virgin Media fibre I'm pretty convinced this is an excuse or a lack of information on the testers part. Virgin would need to run a cable from the box 50 metres away via the manhole covers which would in turn require a permit to temporarily close the single lane for a couple of hours (as they've done for my neighbours). In August they were going to do this so I don't know what's changed.

I would appreciate a conversation with someone who has the information to convey why Virgin Media have decided not to proceed with line installation if that's indeed the case as I'm 95% sure it can be installed - and why I haven't been informed. I've had to chase Virgin Media for answers at every stage.

The aforementioned team tell me I'm not even able to complain about this to elicit a proper response as "we can't log any complaint because the account is completely cancelled" which I imagine breaches a regulatory code of practice somewhere.

If you're able to help with this in any way that would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonathan, 

I can make a complaint for you that's not a problem, I am sorry you've been told differently about this. I will create a complaint but I will need to pass it onto our dedicated install complaints team, I won't be able to deal with it myself. 

I will send you a PM now so we can chat about account specifics, then we'll pop back into public. 

Speak to you soon.

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi WittsEnd1, 

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, as mentioned I have now created a complaint for you and the installs team will aim to contact you within the next 7 days. If you want an update just pop a message here on the public thread and we'll try to give you any info available. 

I hope this issue is resolved for you!

Kindest regards,

Megan_L

0 Kudos