cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lights on Hub

mayshane189
Joining in

Hi, 

We recently received a self-installation kit today, and it’s the hub 3.0. I followed the instructions, however we don’t have a Virgin Media wall socket, but there is a cable coming through that looks very similar to that supplied with the hub. I’m not sure if it’s the right cable as we live in a flat and can’t tell where it comes from in the street.

When I plug in and follow the instructions the hub starts to set up but stops when the green arrows on the front light up; and nothing else after that. It finishes with the wifi logo and the arrows lit up green with an orange base light on, and then then the green lights turn off. What does this mean? Or would we have to get a VM wall socket installed? Any help would be appreciated as I don’t want to keep using my data. 

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi mayshane189 

The equipment is usually pre-activated, however you might need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the hub.

If so have your account and area number handy, and the hub serial number.

If they say it's already activated then they may be able to book a tech appointment for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali