Menu
Karolina_m
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Large hole left in my wall with rain getting in

I had a Virgin Media engineer attend my property today who installed the virgin fibre. He drilled through the MIDDLE part of my wall where he put through the cable. The hole is way bigger than needs to be, 3 cables of the same size would fit through it and I can also see through the hole. Its blowing cold air and rain getting in, no mastic was used on either end of the wall. How do I go about getting it resolved ? Makes me wanna cancel my contract with them right now !

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Large hole left in my wall with rain getting in

Report it to VM by all means, but due to the time of year/COVID I expect it would take some time before they will fix it. In the meantime get some mastic from B&Q/Screwfix and fill in the hole.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Karolina_m and welcome to our community.

I'll pop you over a private message to pass security and raise this to the area field manager who can send an engineer to fix the issues.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Karolina_m
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ive replied to your message and still not received any update on what will be happening regarding the hole in my wall ?

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Someone will turn up to fix it eventually. I'd expect it to be after Christmas now though as its Xmas eve. 

0 Kudos