Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Landlord refusing installation - stuck with 18 month plan contract

15 days ahead of moving into new rental landlord told me to find a new broadband plan as their BT deal was ending mid-November. Decided to go with 18 month deal with Virgin for speed and price. Installation date agreed with Virgin and I inform landlord that this might involve some drilling. They say it's probably fine but let them know on the day.
Installation day comes and landlord refuses to allow any drilling or work on the property due to potential damage.
Now stuck with 18 month deal with Virgin that I can't use or even have installed - what are my options???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Landlord refusing installation - stuck with 18 month plan contract

Hi there

We can arrange for a site survey from one of our technicians to be there with your landlord so they can show them exactly where it will run? You would have to get permission from them though (way leave).

If you pop me a private message I'll take a look into this for you.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You should tell your landlord that the lack of fast broadband in the flat may reduce its attractiveness to future tenants

Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's worth pointing out that VM's hole in the wall is just above ground level and is covered by a box which hardly anyone notices, and that VM's done this millions of times, so has a lot of experience.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection