cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline connection

srb7677
Joining in

I was contacted by Virgin Media. They want to unplug my landline phone from my wall socket and plug it into my hub. They have arranged for an engineer to come and do this tomorrow, September 7th. But in the meantime they have sent me an adaptor thing with instructions to do it myself. So I now do not know if the engineer is even going to turn up and I do not wish to wait in all day on my only day off for nothing. I have tried to get through on the phone but it was hopeless and I gave up after losing the will to live. The adaptor they sent came with information including the fact that they will let me know when to plug in the adaptor. I have had no such information so far. I hoped to speak to a human being for clarification of these matters but apparently this involves waiting hours whilst listening to rubbish music. The service is so poor I am thinking of changing suppliers because the one thing I will not pay for is hopeless service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

There seems to be no consistency in the switchover arrangements. I received a printed letter (remember those?) giving me a date when it will happen - in November.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Keep checking the landline if/when it goes dead just plug it into the socket on the Hub via the adapter and see if it is live,

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

There seems to be no consistency in the switchover arrangements. I received a printed letter (remember those?) giving me a date when it will happen - in November.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey srb7677, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear about the switch over didn't go to plan for you.

We are currently swapping all our customers over to this way.

How did the visit do, did they manage to resolve everything out for you?

Please do let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

The engineer appeared on the appointed day and switched it over successfully.

No problems.

Thanks for coming back to the thread srb7677

I am glad to hear everything has been sorted for you with the landline switchover.

Do pop back if you ever need anything

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill