Menu
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Lack of virgin port for broadband

Hi,

When purchasing my broadband package I highlighted that our house had not had virgin before and would therefore need engineer set up. I was told this would be provided when the box arrived. I repeatedly confirmed that I did not have a virgin port, but the salesperson was very concerned about getting through the process quickly. My box has just been delivered and there has been no support to install a virgin port.

My old internet contract runs out in two days. Myself and two flatmates need wifi as we are all working from home. 

I haven't been able to get through to your call centres, and the chat function on your website doesn't work (just redirected to FAQs/set up guides).

Could someone please confirm that an engineer is coming to connect us in the next two days?

Thank you,

Matthew

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lack of virgin port for broadband

If you have been sent equipment, then VM will not be dispatching a technician. If a technician visit is scheduled they would bring all the equipment with them. To be sent the equipment the VM database has that those premises have had a previous VM connection and the cables should be in place. If you cannot find them you do need to phone customer services and hang on. Otherwise a VM staff member will get to your post, but this can take some days. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lack of virgin port for broadband

Hi Willmjp,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear about the confusion regarding the quickstart order and that this should have been booked in as a manned install.

Due to this I will pop you over a private message and take a look at what is going on with your account for you.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos