Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: LS22 persistent broadband outage

Hi Lardassbob, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry about the continued disruption to the service. 

I have popped you a PM to discuss this further. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma

Whilst the service I have had has been ok of late the past few days I have intermittent broadband availability.  Could you please advise what is happening with the fault in my area.  I understand that it wasnt resolved in December and I received a further credit to my account but these past few days I have had to rely on my BT service!

Graeme  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Really sorry to hear about this Graeme,

I've checked everything from this end and there does appear to be an SNR issue present within the area.

I've flagged this over with Networks to raise a fault ticket and I will be sure to check in with you again after the weekend to provide an update.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply

can you confirm that the previous issue with my area has now been fully resolved?  Initial review was early December and then subsequently April. 

Graeme

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Graeme,

I can confirm that there are no active network faults in the area at the moment.

Let me know if I can assist further,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

So, and by way of update, despite receiving confirmation that the fault in my area was corrected I still have periods of slow and NO service.  For Virgin to claim they are a communications business is a tad misleading.

Then, to add insult to injury, I received confirmation this week that my monthly charge is increasing c10%! I have since message the "Mod Team" expressing my displeasure at being charged more for an unreliable service and requesting details of whom to contact to cancel and I am still waiting for a response. 

I need broadband for business purposes and have had to install BT broadband as a back up.  Continued poor service and outages, coupled with the price increase, means I am off.

Good luck to all that remain   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

We are also experiancing the same issue that has been going on for Months now, we have had 4 new hubs, 2 engineer visits and been told countless times its "fixed" then its not fixed.

The virgin media hub is losing DHCP settings and signal back

Would counter to say you have a PE issue rather than an exchange issue going on here if there is a route being lost. Its not as though the signal isn't getting to the far end as the activity is still live. You will always have a level of Noise on the line (can go down the so call RAIN and SHINE issues but don't really invest in that).

Anyway my two Pence Worth (Cisco Certified CCNP Routing and Switching engineer)

But will just ride out the outages for a little while longer (At least until we can get a different provider in)

0 Kudos