cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep having to disconnect from Internet (Help)

wooyo0
Joining in

Hello

I was wondering if anyone here could give me some advice. I’m with Virgin Broadband and have the 264mb package. Setup was fine about a month ago but lately I’ve been having problems where my devices such as phone, tablet, or computer can’t connect to the internet despite the wifi symbol being on. The only way to fix this is to turn off wifi on the device then back on, which sorts it out but maybe for 10 minutes then it happens again. The speed is fine, it’s just the connection to the hub.

There’s very little pattern to it except at night it tends to happen a little bit more frequently. We have a booster Virgin gave us but I’m not sure if this would affect it? I’ve tried to contact Virgin and can’t get through to anyone. I’m hoping if anyone has any advice they could help please.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What Hub do you have?  Is the VM extra an old booster or a new Pod?  How are wired connections when the Wifi drops off? What do the lights on the Hub do when the Wifi is lost? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks