Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just signed up

Absolutely **bleep** to

say the least I hope a member of the team from activation sees this you as a company poached me from sky so I decided to come back and give it another go I wish I never bothered quick enough to speak to sales as it makes company money tried for 7 hrs to get through to activation and customer care I’m within my 14 days and will cancel sky customer service is brilliant answer the phone within 10 mins this isn’t a great way to be treating new customers can you let me no some of your excuses why there know one to talk to please I have a autistic child that is desperate for there telly 3 days now still can’t get through!!!!!!!!  

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just signed up

Can you put that into sentences please? You're not making much sense.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Don’t exactly get what doesn’t make sense 😂

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well for instance 

"will cancel sky customer service"

What does that mean? 

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Galloway1987,

Sorry to see you are having activation issues, somethimes the activation fails and they either need to update their systems or send out an engineer.

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this we’ll be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

The old method ( which still works) is to reboot the V6, and if that fails then you need to phone 0800 953 9500 to get the equipment activated. 

You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

When phoning it's best to call at 8am as that's when lines first open and are least busy.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Galloway1987 wrote:

Absolutely **bleep** to

say the least I hope a member of the team from activation sees this you as a company poached me from sky so I decided to come back and give it another go I wish I never bothered quick enough to speak to sales as it makes company money tried for 7 hrs to get through to activation and customer care I’m within my 14 days and will cancel sky customer service is brilliant answer the phone within 10 mins this isn’t a great way to be treating new customers can you let me no some of your excuses why there know one to talk to please I have a autistic child that is desperate for there telly 3 days now still can’t get through!!!!!!!!  

125 words and ...

Not one comma,

Not one full stop,

Not one line break,

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A warm welcome to our Community Forum Galloway1987 and sorry about the activation delay. I've found your details using the information we have on here and can see that your services have been fully activated and the self install order has been closed following the checks carried out by our Activations Team. Do let us know if you have any problems with your services.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos