cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining Virgin Media

djb3
Tuning in

I originally contacted VM about 24 June  to enquire about the Ulimate Volt Bundle as I am presently with Sky until the 1st Sept and I just wanted a couple of questions answering. Just before i finished my call I was asked if I'd like to register to join VM so I said I would. I was given the date of 1 Sept to receive my equipment and also an engineer visit to install it. Everything I've received since and also showing in the "My Virgin Media" app seems to indicate a Delivery of equipment on the 1st Sept and it is a self install with no mention of an engineer. I have telephoned about 3 or 4 times and Customer Services have said we will set up an Engineer visit on 2 Sept. This is not showing in the App only the delivery of equipment. Everytime I ring they say we will order an engineer visit but it doesn't seem to be happening. the last time i rang was yesterday and an engineer visit was arranged for 2 Sept which seem to indicate to me that a visit had not been organised on previous occasions. I was told that it would show up in The Virgin Media App but so far it hasn't. I just need to find out exactly what is happening. I just wish it was possible to speak to someone in the UK. Does anyone know if this is possible as I don't know whether i should be trying to do the installation myself or just hoping that an engineer shows up on the 2nd Sept. I am also worried about my landline number being ported over from Sky to VM. I have been assured that it is even though I have received an email showing a totally different number for my landline. Can anyone help or advise me please

Many thanks

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Dave,

It can take a couple of days for forum staff to pick up  your post.

You could try calling the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734

They are open  8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday

They will be able to confirm dates and if it's a self install or tech install . They should also be able to check on the number port.  (VM always give you a temporary number until the number port completes which can take up to 14 days.)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Dave,

It can take a couple of days for forum staff to pick up  your post.

You could try calling the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734

They are open  8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday

They will be able to confirm dates and if it's a self install or tech install . They should also be able to check on the number port.  (VM always give you a temporary number until the number port completes which can take up to 14 days.)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

djb3
Tuning in

Many thanks for info. I'll give them a ring at 08:00 tomorrow