Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Join virgin broadband, NO router, told its out for delivery but hasn't been sent!!

As the title suggests - I just moved into a new house and signed up for Virgin Broadband due to start on October 20.  No router was received, I spent hours trying to get hold of someone but kept either getting passed onto that useless chat bot, or a phone line which cuts itself off after being on hold for half an hour. 

Eventually I called the complaints line to cancel my contract - we are a full household working from home, with no wifi for 4 days now! Called cancellations to get the whole thing cancelled so we can move to NowTv. The guy we spoke to PROMISED me he will resend the router with next day delivery. This was yesterday. I then get a text from Virgin last night saying they shipped out the router. The tracking info from within my Virgin account says Yodel are out delivering the parcel to me today.  Nothing arrived! I just called the cancelations line who told me it is definitely out for delivery, even though the tracking number is showing as not working on the Yodel site. I call Yodel, give them the tracking number and they tell me no such parcel exists and that no parcels are in their system for my address.

I am sick of blatant lies by your customer service team - I've just signed up to give you a lot of money for an 18 month period yet you are incapable of sending me a router!! I'm currently on hold (AGAIN) to see what the heck is going on. I need someone to contact me immediately to get this resolved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Join virgin broadband, NO router, told its out for delivery but hasn't been sent!!

Save your Health and Sanity and forget a Virgin line and go ahead with an Open Reach line.

If the Hub turns up you can either fit it and cancel the other line or refuse acceptance of the Hub.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos