Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Its been 3 months and still no broadband

Hi there,

Me and my friends have been living in our new property since the 21st of March (3 Months!!) and have still not had our broadband fixed. we have had 4 people sent out to the property and all said that our external cables need changed and nothing has been done, also they haven't been taken notes down. Its coming up to 3 months and we are still have no idea whats going on with it. We were told that its a two man job and that we need a new fibre optic cable connecting from the box outside which will have to go through the neighbours gardens. There has been no communication from virgins end and every time we call we get false promises from them that it will get fixed. We have already put a complaint in and still nothing has been fixed. 

Thanks

Jack  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Its been 3 months and still no broadband

1) Unless you are in a very new cable area the drop line from the cabinet is copper coaxial & not fibre.

2) This sounds ominous "we need a new cable connecting from the box outside which will have to go through the neighbours gardens". I wish I had a pound for every complaint I have seen here "my garden has been dug up to serve my neighbours property & I did not give permission. I want it removed immediately".

If its a wayleave issue with a neighbour this could hold things up, as could a blockage in the main duct going to the cabinet, which requires council permits.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos