Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Issues with Upgrading my existing package - with phone lines closed.

Hello there, 

After reviewing the current offers that are available on the website - I was thinking about upgrading my current package in order to make use of the Black Friday deals. However, whenever I attempt to do this, I get a message saying "Oops! Something went wrong. We are unable to change your package online." Now, this normally isn't an issue as I am more than happy to speak with someone over the phone, but with centres closed due to the lockdown, I am unable to do such. I have left a message with the "Message us" live chat, which I have yet to receive an answer for and I am worried I will not receive one either at this rate. Is there someone who I can speak to about what I can and cannot do to upgrade my package? 

Thank you for your time. 

Regards.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues with Upgrading my existing package - with phone lines closed.

Hi MastaClank,

If in the the upgrades and offers section you see an Oops something went wrong message, it's because you either already have a discount and the systems require an extra bit of manipulation by the agents to set up any new discounts, or because the package you are on is no longer sold and again requires the extra manipulation by agents to change the package.

The text messaging service isn't instant and can take up to 48 hours for a reply.

The call centres are still open, on reduced staffing levels due to distancing regulations, but there are stll many agents working from home, so you can still call them.  If phoning it's best to call first thing on a morning, 8am, as it's less busy then.  Dial 150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, Options 1,1 and 4 Changes to your package.

Be aware that you won't get the new customer price with the Black Friday deals, but you should still be able to negotiate a decent discount.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos