Menu
joemcd121
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Issues trying to cancel installation

Firstly, I'm a fan of Virgin Media - been a customer for many years but sadly have to leave as moving  house and good speeds aren't available in my area. I would plan to return, but the process of cancelling an installation has been quite off-putting!

I had initially agreed to take Virgin with me but have since cancelled the installation and despite numerous live chats, sending a letter, making phone calls, sending tweets and waving  semaphore flags - I keep getting text alerts trying to confirm my installation date.

I log in to my account and it says it's successfully closed, but when I speak to someone in the call centre, they tell me to just ignore the texts - surely that seems a bit strange? I'm worried I'll just end up having an engineer turn up one day who should've been cancelled!

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues trying to cancel installation

I'm confused, good speeds aren't available in your new area, but you have manged to schedule an appointment at the new house for installation?

You can just ignore the texts if this is a new installation, it's possible that an engineer may turn up but you can just tell them to go away.

Since you have already sent a letter (recorded delivery I hope so you have proof), you can just refer them to that if VM contact you again.

You may still be billed however if you were previously in a contract at the property you have moved from as the contract would change from "moving home" to "cancelled", which would require 30 days notice and possibly early termination charges.

0 Kudos
joemcd121
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Z92.

Yes so I naturally started to take Virgin with me and booked the installation, I was previously on 1gig in London but now in Camberley, only able to get M200. So proceeded anyway, but then was contacted by BT (via the developers) who could offer 900mbps, so naturally had to go with them and stand Virgin down.

Strangely just been sent an Installation Update from Virgin with a new account number and area reference. I'm going to ignore it and hope that things have been actioned as they should've but does make me nervous!

Thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi joemcd121

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the install confusion at the new property. We can assist however, if there was any contract time longer than 30 days remaining at the old property, then you'd be charged a capped early disconnection fee.

Let us know how you wish to proceed.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
joemcd121
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @John_GS,

That's fine. I'm hoping it's already been processed (the guys on the phone seemed to think so), but if you're able to check, that would be great.

New details I've been sent:

Account number: [Removed]
Area Ref: [Removed]

Thanks, Joe

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Please remove the account details from the post.

I'll PM you to advise

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos