cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues transferring internet after moving house

Toodlepop
Joining in

Hiya,

I recently moved to a property which does not yet have a fibre connection.

After trying to move our existing package to this new address, my partner was told that there was some sort of issue and instead we were sent a Hauwei mobile internet device.

We both work from home and this area doesn't seem to get a very good 4G signal, so it has been less than ideal for conference calls and impossible for large file transfers.

After ringing support in an attempt to get things moving, I was told that our previous account has been cancelled and I need to provide a different account number and security password. We have not been sent either of these things, so I can no longer manage our account.

Unfortunately our new landlord seems nervous about any sort of modifications to the property. They have approved us getting fibre installed here, however only if they are informed of where in the property it will be installed, we provide photos before and after it is installed, and apparently we must get it professionally removed when we leave.

So all in all, a real mess of a situation.

My questions are:

1. Is anyone able to help with managing this situation, as I don't have any details about this new account that has been created?
  2. Is it possible for us to have an engineer visit the property to discuss where the cable will be installed BEFORE any work is carried out?
  3. Is it even possible to have a line removed from a property when we leave (I imagine I can convince the landlord of the value of it remaining, but just in case)?

Thanks in advance, this is turning out to be a real headache!

3 REPLIES 3

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Toodlepop,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear there has been a delay in getting you installed and that you don't have any information arount the new property and the account number ETC, when you arranged the Move were you sent a confirmation Email from our Movers team?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Scouring the emails it looks like we have found our new account number, but we can’t use it to log to anything. 

Before the scheduled installation date (7th) we received a phone call which was difficult make out as we were on a train at the time. We think they said something about there being some sort of issue and instead we would receive the 4G kit (which we assumed was a temporary measure).

Since then we haven’t heard anything, so we’re not sure what’s going on really. 

Cheers!

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for that information. 

The best people to speak to in this case would be the pre-install team, you're able to reach them on the number of 0800 052 1734 - they would provide all relevant information to you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.