Menu
Rob_Hall26
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Issues moving house

I scheduled a move of my virgin media services for 19th Feb. I received my quick start kit on 20th Feb  and plugged in my router and tv box. The router seems to start up fine with no warning lights. The wifi appears on my devices when I try to connect and I can connect to the wifi. However, there is no internet connection and the warning 'weak security' is displayed. 

Additionally, when I log in to my account, it says I have no services with virgin media. 

Is this likely a problem on my end and do I need an engineer to come out? 

I have tried for the past 10 hours to sort this out with the chat help function and on the phone. However, the chat function is completely useless and nobody can actually address any of my specific issues and when I am asked to ring up the system either tells me to restart my router and hangs up or I've ended up waiting up to an hour and had to hang up. Moreover, I was told if I rang up after 9pm this evening (20th Feb) I would not have to wait in a queue as a note had been put on my account. I'm guessing this was a blatant lie. This is abysmal service. Stop telling me to reboot my router and give me some actual customer support or I shall be cancelling. 

0 Kudos
Rob_Hall26
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues moving house

Eventually got through to an actual person on the phone who fixed it easily. This bot system is so frustrating to deal with when everything could be solved with a person on the phone!

0 Kudos