Menu
Emms1927
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Issue with other tv in house

Hi - I had virgin media installed today but have now noticed that our other tvs in the house are not working.  No channelsare loading and there is a "no signal" message.  Apologiesif this seems a daft question!  Any ideas anybody?!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue with other tv in house

What are the other TVs connected via? 

0 Kudos
Emms1927
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - Well, Im not terribly technical but they are freeview! Not sure if that answers your query!

0 Kudos
badwolfe
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Any freview Tv's should be connected to your normal TV aeriel if they dont have a virgin box connected to them. Virgin should't affect them receiving normal TV signals. Only thing you may need to do is update your network details on any smart TV's to access any internet functions they have - thats presuming you've had internet installed as well

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

In some houses the aerial is fed to the main TV & then distributed from there to the others in the house. I would have a look behind the main TV in case something has been disonnected from an amplifier or splitter.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Emms1927
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - I think that is what has happened as Ive looked behind the tv and the original aerial has been coiled up and there was a plug in little white box which the aerial went into has been removed.

Thanks to you all for your replies.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

At a guess I would say that the VM technician has removed the FreeView aerial lead where it enters your house and used the hole for the VM coax cable. The little box you referred to was probably a splitter that fed your other TVs. You should get onto VM customer services and complain or wait for a VM staff member to get to your post. Removal of a coax is often done when it’s connected to a Sky dish, there are a number of reports of this happening on the board.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Emms1927,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you've been struggling to get Freeview via your other TVs following the installation of your Virgin Media services, and apologies for our delayed response here.

Do you still need our help with this today, or have you managed to resolve the problem since your posts?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Emms1927
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi - Thanks. Yep it is still an issue.  I had a live chat with VM who suggested I contact the faults team who would arrange appointment for  an engineer to come and sort it.

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Emms1927,

Thank you for getting back to us about this issue.

I'm glad to hear that you were in touch with an agent to discuss this. I can look into this issue for you and have an engineer booked in to look at this issue for you. 

I will need to sent you a Private Message to discuss this further and confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top of your Forum page.

I will be in touch soon.

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos