Menu
jo_sier
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Issue with connecting to the outlet

Hi

I received my VM set yesterday with a modem and a tv box but I can't connect it. The house I recently bought has an old NTL outlet with one cable (port) coming out. The head of the port is the same as the one in the adapter so they don't fit and I'm unable to plug it in.

Will I need to get a technician to come down and install a new outlet or is there anything else I can do?

I've been trying to get a hold of VM for hours but no response which is very disappointing. Attaching photos of the NTL port and adapter. Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 12.10.56.pngScreenshot 2021-09-02 at 12.11.03.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue with connecting to the outlet

You cannot connect up as the previous occupier has removed the safety isolator from the wall box that you need to plug into.

Forum staff here may be able to arrange the required visit. Wait a while & one should respond.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, your are missing the isolator and cover plate on your wall outlet, this is why your unable to connect them. You will need an engineer to visit to fit you a new cover plate.

Unfortunately I'm personally not able to schedule engineer visits so you would need to contact customer services or hang on here to see if someone is able to arrange this for you 

Thanks Joe. 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @jo_sier

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

This will indeed need a tech to visit, have you spoke to the team since posting? The reason I ask, I am unable to locate your details via the forum information provided. Please let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
jo_sier
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John.

I managed to get some booked for next Thursday so hopefully I’ll get that sorted then.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jo-sier, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and letting us know you've managed to get someone booked in. 

Please don't forget to pop an update letting us know how the visit goes. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos