Menu
asha_bristol
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Isolators and Isolator Cables

_20210422_144727.JPG

Hello,

Please can someone tell me if an 'Asheridge Isolated Power Inserter' does the same job as an isolator?

Do I need to use an isolator cable as well as this or will this suffice?

If I do still need an isolator cable between this and the powered splitter where can I obtain one?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Isolators and Isolator Cables

Some installations require a powered isolator. There will also be an isolator cable which is supplied by VM.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It does, but it doesn't hurt to include another in the setup, and the Quickstart cables include one in the cable itself.

0 Kudos
asha_bristol
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

So you think the photo is of an isolator, albeit a powered one?

My install was done about 3 years ago and includes no isolator cables, just standard VM coax throughout.

I don't want to get VM to come out without good cause (and be charged) as everything works ok (other than having a few ground loop issues) hence why I'm trying to establish if something was missed from a safety point of view on install or if the current set up is sufficient.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
EightBall
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It is an isolator. Nothing else is required unless you have equipment that isn't co-located with this isolator.

0 Kudos
asha_bristol
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The cable that comes from the isolater pictured then goes to a powered spltter, which in turn splits into two cables - one to the modem and one to the v6. I assume this is what you mean by co-located?

So my set up is protected and I don't need VM to supply an isolater cable as this wouldn't offer any benefit. Is that correct?

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @asha_bristol

Have you booked an install or quick-start with us? If possible we'd always send out a quick-start kit and if needed to do so we'd convert this to a manned install with no extra charge. The activation fees would apply unless stated otherwise with the team.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos