Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Isolator cable

Hi, please can someone advise how I can get a 3m isolator cable? I’d like to move the hub and tv boxes to the other side of the living room but the 1.5m isolator cable provided isn’t quite long enough. Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Isolator cable

You need to ask VM.

Use of non VM supplied cable is against the Terms and Conditions of your contract.

It can also cause problems for you and your neighbours.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply Mike, I’ll call VM to request this. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

dont think they do a longer isolator cable - they provide that on self installs as there may not be one in the wall box - if there is a normal cable will be fine

the rub is that as its a non fault call out they would charge you £99 - if its a recent self install you could call it in and they may do it foc

if they want to charge you £99 you would be better buying a router and putting the hub into modem mode - yo u can then position the new router where you want connected by a lan cable

the plus will be better wifi and a better router

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony, the Virgin installation guide mentions a 3m isolator cable within the what you’ll need section for installing a second V6 box. I’ll see what VM have to say initially. 

0 Kudos