cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isolator cable won't connect to hub.

Sabesaroo
Just joined

So I've plugged everything else in fine, just having trouble with the white isolator cable. It goes into the wall socket fine, but I just can't plug it into the router. I'm not sure why because it looks like it should fit, just doesn't go in. It's the newer type of push cables, not a screw one, and hub 3.0. How much force should I need to apply? In the setup video it looks like it goes in quite smoothly. I don't want to damage the pin.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, it is a push fit and should work.  It may need more force than your think.  Just make sure the centre pin is in line before you "give it a shove" ....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, it is a push fit and should work.  It may need more force than your think.  Just make sure the centre pin is in line before you "give it a shove" ....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Well I ended up using pliers to push it in as that was the only way I could get enough force while keeping it steady, which doesn't strike me as the intended installation method, but hey, it worked. Thanks.

Hi @Sabesaroo 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're glad to hear you got this sorted.

Thank you for your support @Adduxi 👍

Regards,
Daniel