Menu
GreenCable
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is this support? I'm paying over £100 pcm, no internet in London for weeks!

Hello I've been with VM broadband for several years now, upgrading to fibre and my speeds as they became available. about a month ago I 'upgraded' to 1GB and over the past two weeks the service has been terrible, offline more than not. 

I'm 'techy' and know what I'm doing, this isn't about Wifi (I have my own routers) just basic service in the rural wilds of London. How is this acceptable?? 

I rely on the internet for my business and 'in these trying times' also my wife and kids. This is crazy, I'd have left in a heartbeat except there are no other providers that offer similar speeds (in London).

Lastly, how on earth can they get away with 'use the forum for support' - I can call and talk to a human in O2 (for example) and I pay them £15 per month, not £100! I think the answer is in the ownership, VM is owned by Private equity investors... 

Frankly shameful. 

PS
I have a log of all my disconnects, who do I send it for compensation? Is there a point sending it to Ofcom? Thank you
0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is this support? I'm paying over £100 pcm, no internet in London for weeks!

I pay a lot less than that and still manage to speak to customer service when needed.

I live in east london and no issues with internet.

But if you post your issues maybe some helpfull people will assist 😗

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You are using a residential internet service for business purposes and expecting to be compensated for your disconnections? 😄 

Now if you had gone for a business package instead, you would have access to your own person advisor, and access to an engineer to fix any problems within 24 hours. 

If you have had a complete loss of service for several days, you can however apply for compensation, but your post is confusing. You say no internet for weeks and then talk about disconnections which suggests you do have service. 

0 Kudos
GreenCable
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey thank you for the reply I appreciate it.

what I meant about running a business is doing my actual day job from home remotely (there’s this pandemic) and relying on my 1GB ‘connection’ to connect with my team and customers - put actual servers are bit run from my home they are in the cloud - I hope this clarifies it.

I don’t know how to be clearer, my connection disconnects not for a moment but for hours at a time - it’s not a question of a local issue with my set up, every time I check in VM website they ‘know there’s an issue’ in my area - they do a **bleep**ty job and cause real harm to people.

me and my partner work from home, we have two kids that are supposed to be ‘home schooling’ and this issue has been going on for weeks, is it too much to expect a connection to actually work?

that’s my issue, I hope it’s clear?

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There are several members here with 1GB internet and can advise you how to get the best out of this huge bandwidth.

Normally involves investing in 3rd party router because the factory router is not ideal for that much bandwidth over Wi-Fi.

But 1st maybe best to post your downstream and upstream power stats by entering  this on the browser

sayekm_0-1613475305912.png

And post stats from like this from Router status. Copy and page all the stats

sayekm_1-1613475346031.png

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
Eeeps
Rising star
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@GreenCable wrote:

me and my partner work from home, we have two kids that are supposed to be ‘home schooling’ and this issue has been going on for weeks, is it too much to expect a connection to actually work?

No, it's not too much to ask. I assume the service page is showing a date for fix - what is this.
If you have an area problem you won't get an engineer visit until that is resolved.

I assume your connection did work ok and failed recently? Do you have any other services with VM?

Post your modem stats during the outage and this may help identify the nature of the problem. Have you tried calling VM?

0 Kudos