cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this my virgin media wall socket??

Llfamily
Joining in

I have an old house ive moved into and finally got Virgin Media broadband...

Kit arrived today, account says still setting things up.

The only box that I could think is my wall socket is in the attached pics, is it??? It looks old and crusty to me!

Excuse the terrible photos... kids sent me it as im at work.

ThanksPXL_20230111_215210340.jpgPXL_20230111_215225567.jpgPXL_20230111_215253466.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Or wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes it is. You will need a manned install as you won't be able to clear out the centre pin even if you can get the paint off the thread.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

How do I arrange that?????

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Or wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up.

All sorted - they are coming tomorrow!

Cheers people

Hi Llfamily 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 
Sorry to see this predicament with your wall socket that prevented your installation. Glad to hear the team were able to get a manned installation appointment booked in for you. Looks like this took place yesterday - hope it all went well!

Please do get back in touch if there are any further issues you need our support with and we will be happy to help. 

Huge thanks to the community for their help getting this one sorted ASAP! The information they gave was completely correct, you can get support with Pre-install issues on 0800 052 1734, but you could also have given us a call on 📞 0345 454 1111 where you would be re-directed. 

Hope your service is running smoothly now you are all set up and installed! 

Wishing you all the best. 

Molly