Menu
russmendes
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is this customer service

Hello Everyone,
Yesterday a technician came to do the installation as I had moved residence and now in my new flat.  In my view, this technician was incompetent to carry on the install. It was a Very disappointing and time wasting scenario. It seemed that this person was just trying to avoid doing his work. Below is what happened.
This technician rings the bell at around 1:15 PM. When my wife opens the door, the first thing he ask her as to why we were not taking his phone call. when I checked on him, he was dialing a wrong number which had 056 at the end. My number end with 030. When I told him that the number has is not mine, he tell me that this was the number that was given to him by virgin media. Then he asks me why we did not answer the intercom bell. We told we did not hear any bell ringing. he kept on grubling that he had to wait until someone came to o[en the main entrance. So I said to him, now that you are here can we get along with the install. He looked around and told me that the virgin media cable is right in front of my main door. I was happy. The he went on to ask me if I am the owner of the house , if not to take permission of the owner as he needs to drill house in the door pane. I said fine, I called the owner and took her approval. Now comes the strange part. He looked at the door and said, that it is risky to drill a hole as the glass above may crack and he does not want to take the risk. he went to say, i will not do this work because if the glass breaks it will be his responsibility. As I too took a look at the door, I suggested him to drill a hole one foot below. Well he agreed to my suggestion, got his tools and a large drill machine. he started drilling, but could not get through, he then tapped on the pane to see what material it is and then again tried to drill. looking at this, I told him to hold on. I checked the door lock cutting and realized that it was a metal frame and informed him of the same. Immediately, he said he would not do the installation as he does not have a metal drill bit and that it is the company policy not to drill holes in metal. I found it strange. He went ahead called his supervisor named Nasir and informed him that he cannot do the install as he does not have a metal drill bit. i spoke to Nasir too suggesting some alternatives, however this technician just did not want to listen. I got upset, as he was just not trying to look for any other option. I even told him that the neighboring flats Have virgin media connection, just to have a look as to how those installations are done. But NO, he tells me , it could be possible that those installation are done by someone else and that he does not know how they did. So I asked him to leave and called the customer care number. I spoke to lady, who after hearing me out put me on hold and then promised me that she would call back in an hour and that she tried contacting the sales manager. After one and a half hour I called back the customer service and inquired what is happening and that data services are important to me. This time and I was put on hold, transferred to the installation team a told that since drilling on metal frame is a health and safety issue, I have to wait until they come out with a solution. I naturally got frustrated and requested to cancel the installation. Today morning, i was visited by flat landlord who showed me that there was NO NEED TO DRILL HOLE IN THE METAL FRAME and even showed me how the cable can be rooted. He too was surprised as to why the technician could not figure this out.
Anyway, I tried called the customer service this morning again to inform them about the possibility. i was put on hold for 8 minutes and when someone did come on the phone again, the phone was disconnected. I Gave up on Virgin media. It seems virgin media team does not care about customer service and the technical department has care free attitude. None of the senior technical people call up nor tried to come to the premises to access the situation. This technician who told me proudly that he is working for two year at virgin media only makes me release as to why he could still survive. I was a service manager for 4 years and I do know what customer service is. This technician lacked the CAN DO attitude and for some treason was trying for every excuse not to do the install. It is very disturbing to see that Virgin being a big brand has so pathetic customer service operations.
Anyways, I need to move. But wanted to put across my bitter experience with virgin media
My name is John. And my post code is [REMOVED]

[Mod Edit – Removed Personal Information]

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is this customer service

1/10.

It sounds as if you were positively looking for something to complain about.  Well, you found it!

And you need to fix your Return key.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John.

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear that you've had this experience with our technician and that the install was not completed whilst he was there. I can appreciate the frustration this would have caused for you.

Are you still wanting to get the services installed?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
russmendes
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No one working, looks to complaint for petty things unless it matters. I guess you need not generalize and assume everyone to be like wise. It seems some people derive pleasure from others problems. Ha

0 Kudos
russmendes
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh no. I have taken up some other service provider. No more vigin attitude. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John 

Are you still wanting to get the services installed?

Thanks 

Chris 

0 Kudos