cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this an outdoor part of the virgin socket?

solidsponge
Tuning in

I recently ordered, then cancelled when I realised my mistake - there was no virgin socket here ( I thought I was ordering normal phone virgin, doh) However I was then told over the phone days later there was. I searched outside and found this socket, with the wires cut. Does anyone know if this is the virgin socket? small.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not a socket per se, but it looks like a VM cable. If it’s cut it will need repaired before using. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

That is a connection point in the pavement to the cable that serves all the houses in the road. If there is a Virginmedia supply to the house, there will be a cable from here to a box on the front of the house. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thank you, yes its annoying someone cut it.

It's actually around the side of my house so can only be used for my house. It doesn't appear to be BT, so I'm assuming it is virgin as it was here previously (according to the support team on phone) But it appears they have cut it. There is a single hole into the house or maybe they had it going into a conservatory that has now gone.

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @solidsponge 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

If you were able to place an order, the property must show as serviceable on our side.

If the cable has been cut, It would however mean you would need some additional work to be completed before we could install the service.

If you are okay with that being the case, and would still like our services, please speak to sales to re book the order and we can book a pre site survey.

This is where an engineer would come to check if we can provide service to the property for you.

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide