Menu
Thomasba
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is there no end to the constant lies spouted by Virgin media?

Thanks for taking the time to replay Martin, I'm afraid I've waited long enough now, tomorrow morning I will be calling to cancel and will switch to BT or one of the others who can actually provide me with service straight away.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

We'd be sorry to see you leave. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Martin_N wrote:

We'd be sorry to see you leave. 

^Martin

I'm really sorry Martin but that isn't really good enough.  To be fair to you you've probably done as much as you can on your own at this point, but be aware that one of the reasons people end up in these Forums is because it's the last place that people can come to for help.

My rant here is not directed at you but at Virgin Media as a whole, because they have repeatedly let this customer down.  If you promise a callback then you should deliver what was promised in the timescale it was promised.  When a callback doesn't happen you guys should be able to escalate this to the relevant department and effectively say "Come on guys, pull your socks up!"  (politely of course).

I'm going to be honest, I do feel for you guys as your a new team in a new location, none of this is necessarily your fault as had the Forum Team transition been done properly, you'd have the right tools for the right job.

One of the things that made the old Forum Team so effective is that they built up ties with other departments, and they used those ties to escalate matters such as this back to the departments involved.  I appreciate that given the need for a Wayleave to lay the cable to the OP's premises, that the OP couldn't be guaranteed a connection final date until this was granted by their neighbour, and I am certainly appreciative of the way you've clearly communicated that to them.  

However this doesn't preclude you asking the question "Can I do more? - Can I go back to the team involved and ensure the customer gets an explanation of the missed callback?"  Given how new the Team is, I appreciate, you guys don't have all the answers straight away.  But quite frankly, posting the above when your customer has been given the runaround by your company is insulting.

Yes I agree you'd hate to see them leave.  Hell I don't even work for Virgin Media and I hate it when a customer is let down by your company, but you do have to step back and ask,is that last post really enough.

Is I stated earlier, this problem is not actually of your making, it's been coming along because various agents have made promises of callbacks and then failed to deliver on their promises.  However the balls ended up in you court now.  So my question to you is - can you do anything else here?  Can you at least promise to ensure that this is fed back to the relevant departments?  I'm not asking you to promise callbacks, although it would be nice if those departments can speak to the customer.

It would certainly be nice if the customer could get a successful resolution, although I do feel given the timescale this is now unlikely from the customers perspective, but your company does need to look at their processes and ask themselves "Could we do better?"

@Thomasba - My apologies for the rant.

Tim (ravenstar68)

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Thomasba
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No need for apologies Tim, I started the thread in the faint hope that someone on here may be able to shake a tree or two, but as you've said it would appear that the team here have not got the tools necessary to help. I don;t blame anyone on the forum Team, they have at least had the decency to get back to me and offer some advice, which is more than can be said for VM's so called customer service. I've just moved down to Southampton from London where I was a customer for over 20 years and never once had any reason to complain, but since the move and the promise of "yes we can supply your service" I have had nothing but lies. Not knowing what's happening is the biggest disappointment as It costs nothing to keep a customer informed, and keeping a customer informed my well keep your customer! Thanks everyone on here for their time I wish you all well Regards Brian