Menu
Thomasba
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Is there no end to the constant lies spouted by Virgin media?

On the 29th of Jan I inquired if VM was available at the new address I was moving to. "Yes" I was told. Great said I lets sort out a new contract then. When can you install it? "14th Feb" said VM (2 days after I move in excellent) On the 6th of Feb I get an email asking me to confirm my new contract which I did On the 8th of Feb I get a phone call from someone at VM telling me work needs to be done in the street and so the 14th wasn't going to happen and that they couldn't give me a time frame for completion. Everyday since I've checked track my order and each day the installation date changes to that surprise surprise no one ever turns up nor has anybody had the decency to give me an update. Today I call VM got put though to accounts who tell me I need to speak to installations. I explain it all again to installations and they tell me I need to speak to the wayleave team. I get through to wayleave and get told I need to speak to "business" even though I'm a private customer....they then hang up! I now have the Wayleave teams number so I call them. Only to be told I've got though to the wrong part of wayleave but she'll transfer me....Success! I explain for 6th time my problem and that nobody has bothered to call me or let me know what's happening. I then find that they have written to my new neighbor who I haven't yet met to ask him for permission to dig up his drive, and until he says yes they can't do anymore,but someone will call me today to let me know what the full situation is. So here we are at 18:30 on the 18th of Feb and still no call. Is VM available at my address NO (False advertising?) Are VM coming on the 12th NO (Breach of Contract?) Is someone going to call me before the end of the business day NO. (Broken promises) When I suggested I'll go to BT instead the guy on installations proudly told me that VM is much faster...I asked how no connection at all is faster than BT's slowest option and he didn't have an answer to that. So after my verrrrrrry long winded rant I think after the 20 odd years I've been with VM it's probably time to move on. I can't trust anything they say. Hopefully this rant will let others know what to expect.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is there no end to the constant lies spouted by Virgin media?

Hi Thomasba, 

I'm very sorry to hear of your recent experience with us and I can fully appreciate your frustration with this. 

I can assure you this isn't the level of service we aim to provide and it's disappointing to learn of instances like this. 

So it does sound like we can provide the service to your address however we'd need to run the cable through your neighbours property to do so, until your neighbor confirms this isn't an issue then we wouldn't be able to proceed unless another way to install you was found. 

Have you spoken to your neighbor about this since? 

Has the team advised if a complaint has been raised? 

Let us know. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Thomasba
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I only found out today that my neighbour had been approached as I said earlier I've just moved in and haven't yet met the neighbours. I'm not sure they'll be too happy with me just moving in and wanting them to allow you to dig up thier drive. Had VM told me this was likely to be the case then I could have at least mentioned it to them first. When you ask has the team advised about a complaint do you mean a complaint from me? If so the only conversation that has been had was today, and as I said someone was supposed to call me back.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I do apologise. We wouldn't always know that would be the case until we come to check the property before we install. I mean have the team raised a complaint for you, was a reference number given? If not then please refer to our complaints code of practice here and we'll take things from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
Thomasba
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ok I understand now. No I've not been given a reference number so I'll read through the document thank you.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Thomasba
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma, et al just to give you an update I did register a complaint via the resolutions team and two weeks later nobody has replied. I have the email stating they'll get back to me within 7 days but that's it. I called again today and just kept getting fobbed off with oh yes you're through to customer services but this is billing you need to speak to pre - installation team. If VM don't want me as a customer anymore (which it would appear after 20 odd years they don't) then just say so. I asked for a supervisor to call me back by close of business or I would cancel the order and go to BT. I was told a supervisor would call me back on the confirmed number, and surprise surprise nobody called. So tomorrow morning I'll be cancelling the VM order and going to BT whatever they have is faster than what VM are failing to deliver.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thomasba,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear this. 

While we aim to respond within 7 days we do have up to 28 days to provide a resolution. 

What did the team advised when you spoke to them? 

^Martin 

0 Kudos
Thomasba
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin Considering installation was originally supposed to be the 12th of Feb and every "team" I've spoken to has said we'll call you back and never did I think having to wait a further 14 days for a maybe reply is probably asking a bit much don't you?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I do appreciate the frustration the team will aim to get back asap. 

^Martin

0 Kudos