Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is there a Broadband only offering from Virgin?

I'm not happy with my monthly Virgin Media bill. I could easily do without the TV service (to me, it's 95% of no interest). I make about 2 calls per month on average on my land line and almost all the calls I receive are either scams or unsolicited cold-call marketing. I have an inexpensive mobile service elsewhere. Broadband is important to me but I don't necessarily need 100 Mbps - perhaps half of that would do.

Is there an option with Virgin Media to take a broadband only service ? After all it's delivered over cable, so the old BT-supplied coper cable for my land-line is irrelevant.

If not, do others have recommendations on alternative broadband-only suppliers?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is there a Broadband only offering from Virgin?

Yes you can do broadband only from Virgin Media - there one of the few companies that will do it and most of the others are the smaller fibre companies, not Openreach based.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/broadband-only

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this. I would like to know what router goes with these broadband only offerings - where can I find that information ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It'll be the HUB3 or HUB4 depending on what cabinet you are connected to. 

If you add telephone, you get a small lead which plugs into the back of the HUB and gives you a normal phone socket. 

If you add TV, you get a TV box. 

Note however that although they offer broadband only, it's typically cheaper if you have telephone as well for both new customers and customers renegotiating their contract. That's why I have a telephone service that I'll never use - it was more expensive without it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@XEyedBear wrote:

Thanks for this. I would like to know what router goes with these broadband only offerings - where can I find that information ?

If you're an existing customer and drop other services, you'd keep the Hub you currently have - unless you then upgraded to a higher tier of Virgin Fibre service which meant you needed a new one.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos