Menu
Andy2090
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is the Superhub 3 a simple upgrade?

Hi everyone,

I’m looking to upgrade to a bundle that will see me upgrade to 350mbs broadband speed and also the v6 box. I’m wondering if the update from the super hub 2 is painless as I’m guessing this is self installable? Same with the v6 box I imagine from the original TiVo box. 

I ask this just because I’m a teacher teaching from home and don’t want to possibly lose the internet connection if it takes time to activate. 

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is the Superhub 3 a simple upgrade?

The Hub 3 is normally a simple self install upgrade, with few problems.  However, for a few users, hub or package changes do cause unexpected performance difficulties, and so my question to you is how much do you really need to change your package now, rather than wait a couple of months?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Personally I'd wait if you can.

Very tricky to get in contact with VM currently, especially with everyone trying to cancel due to the 'price increases'.

Andy2090
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks both of you. My Wi-fi is cutting out and the old TiVo box is going slow so I'll have to replace them eventually anyway. I'll probably wait till half-term. Haven't even been able to get a reply from Virgin Media from Twitter so it must be really bad at the minute. 

0 Kudos