Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Is my instillation going ahead or not?

Received a text last night informing me our instillation due today, is delayed. But on my account one appointment is showing 8-6pm and another has NaN.

We will be left with no internet which is a massive issue as my husband works from home. 

I need some answers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Engineer contact please

I need to make contact with an engineer about the problems with my instillation. Virgin call centre could not help. Best way to contact them please. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer contact please

you cannot contact engineers, you need to request an engineer visit by reporting a fault via CS.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@laura75lee wrote:

I need to make contact with an engineer about the problems with my instillation. Virgin call centre could not help. Best way to contact them please. 

detail your problems and VM will pick the thread up and comment

post some photos if they will help

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My instillation date has been put on hold. Apparently an engineer came out today to look at the outside of the property. The lady at customer service who I spoke to transferred my call to the engineer but after a lengthy wait on hold I had to hang up as I am at work. I need to know what is going on. We now have no internet, a huge problem as my husband works from home.

I’m very angry as the postcode search informed me the broadband was available in my area. We need this connected ASAP or we will be forced to cancel and look elsewhere as we cannot wait weeks for installation with no internet.

What is going on?

Laura 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

you wouldn't be speaking to the engineer in that instance, probably you were put thru to the installatons team dept.

the pre-install survey has probably found an issue which requires fixed before they can supply your service. broken cable, blocked duct etc etc.

the postcode search simply tells you if virgin cover that area, not that there might be a problem at the point of installation.

if you need internet ASAP then you may need to look elsewhere.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laura,

You may be able to get an update from the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734  -

Otherwise you can also contact New Accounts and Set Up by dialling 0345 454 1111, I believe it's options 1,1 and 3 but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@laura75lee Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it doesn't get your issue resolved any quicker and is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks guyz !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Firstly my apologies for the different  threads that I created. Things kept changing and I realise now I should have remained in the same chat rather than starting new ones.

Most importantly thanks to all of you who have offered advice. I haven’t managed to gather any new information about what is happening but plan to make some calls soon. 

I did install the Virgin app and I appear to have a rolling service request appointment. I’ve also noticed a blue string going down inside the CATV hole at the end of my drive. Fingers crossed 🤞 we will have internet again soon. 

One question I do have is: Do I need to book a new instillation appointment or will this be done for me?

Thanks one again

Laura

0 Kudos