Menu
xantra
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is moving home possible ?

Hi,

It seems that the phone service to move home doesn't work anymore, and the customer support chat seems to have now been removed from the website.

So I'm starting to wonder if moving my Virgin media broadband to another flat is even possible. I just spent an hours going through the virgin media website, and all the links about moving home wrap around to the same FAQ articles, but I can't find any actual method to trigger the process.

Do I need to just cancel, forget about Virgin, and go to BT ?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is moving home possible ?

Hi xantra,

There is an online chat messenger service for moving home. It's not manned all the time as I believe telephone support has priority.  If using the chat messenger it's best to use a laptop/PC as it doesn't always appear if using  a phone or tablet contactus/moving-home  Click on Message us on that page.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of Moving Home  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Moving Homebut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
xantra
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but I tied that web page already and the link just sends me back to the main page. I also tried calling that number and selecting the move home option just said that now everything can be done online and gives this same address and hangs up. I didn't try the text, I can try but I'm not gonna hold my breath on this one. 

0 Kudos
xantra
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It looks like the moving home web page now works again, and I was able to get the process started with a bot. Maybe that page is only available from 9.30am to 5pm ?

Anyway, I'm giving this a try now.

rockette
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i managed to do so this morning.  just about. despite a terrible line to somewhere in SE Asia.