Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is it possible to transfer Super Hub 3 advanced settings and IP Address to Super Hub 4?

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from 500MB with Super Hub 3 to 1 GB with Super Hub 4 but haven't received it yet.

I currently use device filtering by MAC address to ensure only approved devices are connected to my home network. In total I have about 13 devices. Is there a way to transfer this settings from the old hub to the new one to save me the pain of adding all Mac addressed again and renaming them?

Also, I need to make sure my current I.P address stays the same; to avoid being blocked and having to white-list my network for a number of services I am using at the moment. Is it possible to keep my I.P. address when I switch from Super Hub 3 to Super Hub 4?

Thanks in advance

MAQ

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is it possible to transfer Super Hub 3 advanced settings and IP Address to Super Hub 4?

There is a Backup function in the Hub 3 settings.

A friend of mine tried to use the Backup in a replacement Hub 3 but it wouldn't accept the file.

It may work with the Hub 4 but I have my doubts.

Hub-Backup

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is it possible to transfer Super Hub 3 advanced settings and IP Address to Super Hub 4?

The Virgin Media IP will change.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike for the tip,

Will try that and will confirm if it works once I receive the new Hub.

Regards

MAQ
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

By default it's not possible to load a configuration from a hub3 into a hub4. It may be possible in the future however. 

Your external IP address is dynamic and can change at any time. It rarely does however. 

Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Z92 wrote:

By default it's not possible to load a configuration from a hub3 into a hub4. It may be possible in the future however. 

Your external IP address is dynamic and can change at any time. It rarely does however. 

It will change with the new hardware Hub 4.