Menu
RDF
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Is it possible to get a pre-pull survey done ?

Really a question for the VM forum members, but for some context ...

I live in a new build and the street has been cabled up (CATV cap outside the houses on the pavement.)

Next door's house had some work done yesterday, garden dug up, cable laid, brown box on the outside wall.

They've not moved in yet, so I cannot ask them. But, the side of the house with their brown box is the opposite side to where all the external cables enter the house.

If the installing engineer installs on the inside wall of where the brown box is, there is no infrastructure to carry the network around the rest of the house without cabling around a lot of skirting and through a couple of walls. (Unless a wireless bridge is used.) the floors are concrete with laminate flooring on top.

I'm looking to move to VM but getting the cables routed more appropriately is a bit of a deal-breaker for me. 

I've had less than no luck talking to the Andi-BOT so asking in the forum ...

Before any cables are put anywhere, can I arrange an engineer visit to confirm if where I need the cables routing is an option and if so, have it guaranteed they will run according to that engineer's survey?

In my previous house, we had the cable routed under the floor into a comms cab I had in the cupboard under the stairs - really neat and guaranteed the cable was untouched for the 15 years we lived there. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
RDF
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is it possible to get a pre-pull survey done ?

Just to add, I am happy to pay for the 10/15 minutes it would take to confirm this.

0 Kudos
JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is it possible to get a pre-pull survey done ?

Hi there,

I can certainly help you with arranging a site survey, I will send you a private message (purple envelope top right corner) where I can discuss it further with you.

Thanks joe

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos