cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it only me getting ripped off?

RipoFF111
Tuning in

Probably wrong topic due to poor managment of virgin but who cares. 

Pref virign customer service response welcome.

I purches with you best package with tv, broadband, sim and phone line. Well its 4 months later and only TV and broadband works somehow. Never received SIM and phone is not connected, however Virgin is charging me full amount every month. I made complains (multiple) contacted customer service and no response. Does virgin got so many customers willing to pay for nothing or they do something? Do they provide money back guarantee? or maybe with their rules every day late is £8 so withing 4 months its 120x 8= £960 that they will pay me? it says on page its for one service like phone what about SIM card that i have been promised and never got it. In times of Covid mobile is necessary so i had to purchase other SIM contract will they refund me this as well? 

5 REPLIES 5

Melissa_F

Hi RipoFF111,

Thanks for your post. 

I'm sorry you're not getting the best out of your services. I can appreciate you're keen to get this sorted out. 

When you were installed, was your phone line working or has it never worked? Do you get any dial tone?

Have you received anything in regards to your sim card?

If not, don't worry I can have one sent out to you. Please pop me a private message and I'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Melissa

Phone line never worked the person who set it up wasn't helpfull at all, rather arogant... . He told me that they need to activate Landline before i get any signal. Probably a lie? SIM card never delivered and its been over 4 months me complaining about the whole situation. At beginning i needed it as COVID so i need contact to my friends and family. After 3 months complaining i had to take contract with diffrent company. As it is absolute necessary to have phone in these days. So I would like Virgin to follow their Policy. '' We’ll automatically credit your bill for fixed phone line and broadband issues, no matter if you’re a new or existing customer. Here’s how much we’ll credit you for the following service issues: £8 per day for a total loss of service after 2 full working days from registering the loss of service to us. ,, I informed Virgin about it next day after instalation and been lied to for another 2 weeks. After this no response or what so ever. So SIM card and landline are both Phone lines, am I right? Btw. You are the only person from Virgin(?) who responds to the customers, thank You.

Thanks for your post RipoFF111,

Sorry to see of the issues you've been having with both your landline phone and mobile SIM card.

I'd be happy to take a look into this for you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Bejog
Joining in

They rip their customers off all the time!

price increases seem to happen monthly! With no extra benefit to the customer!

They seem to forget that their infrastructure was paid for with British tax payers money!

god awful company.

cje85
Trouble shooter

Virgin's infrastructure was not paid for by taxpayers. Most of it was laid in the 90s by private companies like NTL, Telewest, Cable & Wireless and others using their own funding. Recent expansion has again been funded privately by the current owner of VM, Liberty Global.

Perhaps you're thinking of BT/Openreach?