Menu
Welshman213
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is a repair possible

We were due to have new equipment delivered today, virgin media have now advised this is not being delivered and can not tell us when.

Also they are are saying it is not possible to connect to existing equipment, is this right.

i am in a position that I am going to be without tv and internet over the next few weeks, is this right?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is a repair possible

VM (like other suppliers) are having issues with their equipment being stuck in containers on the back of lorries in channel port parking lots - Brexit eh !!

Have you checked that your existing equipment has stopped working? That should only happen when the new equipment has been activated an your connection - try it and see.

VM can and do reactivate existing equipment if it was on your connection previously and not been bought on eBay for example.- but it will depend what it is. Hub3's would be OK - Superhubs - OTOH - you might have to argue hard as they regard them as redundant. Tivo or V6 tv boxes could be done - but none of the earlier ones can be. You would have to call in to get that done.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Welshman213
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, 

v6 stopped working this morning, not only receiving bbc1/itv/channel 5 and internet stopped about midnight last night.

i appreciate there maybe delays /issues with supplies etc, but they sent a message yesterday saying that equipment was coming today, but then nothing until around 2pm today to say , no not coming and don’t know when.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

who has said your equipment is faulty or have you moved house or similar - for 2 items to fail is unusual - post some more info

Tony
0 Kudos
Welshman213
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry my fault, probably not explained it properly.

My wife and I have separated the equipment is in my man's, and me equipment is in hers, so assume nothing is working due to old account. 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ok - not sure i understand that totally - think you had a bit of finger trouble or predictive text got in the way

so let me guess - you have opened a new account and they are sending you new bits but still have old equipment from old account - if thats it you might get them to activate what you have - its a long shot and you need to talk to the right people - if you get offshore they will not understand as its way off their crib sheet

if you can ger someone in the UK and talk them through it you might have a hope

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony
Welshman213
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Apologies Tony, 

Yes that is right, and yes so far we've only got through to India. 

I used to work for what was NTL back in Wales circa 20 years ago, but  notsure if it is those I need to speak to. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Call at 08.00 for a good chance of getting a UK agent

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.