Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Is a cable needed for extra boxes .

I am currently with sky q and am looking to change to virgin. I however dont want holes needed to be drilled through my office and bedroom wall for me to watch tv . Sky's multiroom boxes work via the wifi , I am ok with my main box needed to be wired but if te others need to be i will stick with sky . If this is the case why because the is obviously the technology their to be able to run multi room boxes of wifi as shon with sky .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is a cable needed for extra boxes .

Yes. All Virgin boxes have internal cable tuners, so need to be directly wired both with the existing TiVO based boxes & the new Horizon V360. That way the 6 main box tuners are not tied up with driving the remote boxes & can all be used for recording.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is a cable needed for extra boxes .

VM requires their coax to all TV boxes, V6 or Tivo, they also need connection to the VM hub by either Ethernet cable or WiFi. /

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos