Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Introductory offer extended, then revoked?

Moved house 12 months ago. Contacted VM to inform them, and changed my package to 200Mb max TV for the introductory price of £68 plus costs per month instead of £98. No issues.

After 8 months, the price increased to £76 plus costs per month. I assumed it was a price rise, but admittedly I let it go and didn't contact VM.

29th July - received an email saying my offer was coming to an end, so my monthly price would rise from £68 (even though I'm paying £76) to £98. I planned to contact VM to negotiate or change my package.

4th August - received an email titled 'A little bit of good news' saying there would be no change to my package or payments until the end of the year. Nice gesture, I thought.

Just received my bill for next month. Yep, you guessed it, £98 plus costs.

I work within social care, and the last 6 months have been harrowing and traumatic. Now I have to go through the trauma of contacting VM and try to explain all the above to someone who undoubtedly won't understand.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Introductory offer extended, then revoked?

@SpookyBuz wrote:

Moved house 12 months ago. Contacted VM to inform them, and changed my package to 200Mb max TV for the introductory price of £68 plus costs per month instead of £98. No issues.

After 8 months, the price increased to £76 plus costs per month. I assumed it was a price rise, but admittedly I let it go and didn't contact VM.

29th July - received an email saying my offer was coming to an end, so my monthly price would rise from £68 (even though I'm paying £76) to £98. I planned to contact VM to negotiate or change my package.

4th August - received an email titled 'A little bit of good news' saying there would be no change to my package or payments until the end of the year. Nice gesture, I thought.

Just received my bill for next month. Yep, you guessed it, £98 plus costs.

I work within social care, and the last 6 months have been harrowing and traumatic. Now I have to go through the trauma of contacting VM and try to explain all the above to someone who undoubtedly won't understand.

you need to talk to retentions - not always easy to get through as calls can now go to offshore - if that happens tell them you want to give 30 days notice - that can only be handled by UK retentions - once you get through just go through what you want to discuss rather than the 30 days notice

this used to work but they change things

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

can add a couple of things to your post - there was a price increase last year which may explain the rise in price but the new price should be the one quoted rather than your original deal so something odd there

the email you got about no price increase this year is there is no annual price increase - thats completely different to discounts ending or changed in package prices - not seen the email but there has been comment that its not the best worded mail sent

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Introductory offer extended, then revoked?

Thanks Tony, appreciate your reply. I've spoken to a person in Retentions and it's been sorted. Cheers.

0 Kudos