Menu
will9876
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Internet stopped working when virgin engineer seen near box in street

On Saturday I saw a virgin media engineer in a virgin box on the street. I came home later and realised that the internet was down, and the connection light is flashing. When logging into the router, it says access denied.

I booked an engineer for Friday online, but obviously, this isn't ideal as everyone is working from home. I tried to call virgin media, and waited 45 minutes with no luck, I called again and waited an hour before getting through to someone. They told me they had changed the ticket to a high priority and said an engineer would call yesterday or today. No one has called, and we don't have any internet. Can this be sorted without waiting another 1:45 minutes on hold?

Case number: 12184992

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet stopped working when virgin engineer seen near box in street

you can only have an engineer when one is free. If Friday is the next one then that is what it will have to be. you might be able to check online if there's a sooner or call in and check.

But the residental service has no SLA for faults

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Get yourself a 4G data connection as a backup. You'll need it when the broadband goes down.

0 Kudos
will9876
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can someone from Virgin media call me or contact me via PM to resolve this? 

I was told over the phone that this was to be expedited, but it obviously hasn't.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

this place is not a direct line to VM - they have a presence here but it can take then a few days to get to threads - you need to keep trying the phones - but as said tech visits are when there is a slot available so if friday is the earliest then [sadly] thats as it is  

Tony
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@will9876 wrote:

Can someone from Virgin media call me or contact me via PM to resolve this? 

I was told over the phone that this was to be expedited, but it obviously hasn't.

Your ticket most likely has been made high priority, but it'll also most likely still be the same day as before unless you are on a business tariff... 

0 Kudos