Menu
LameShepherd
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet radio drops out

Since installing the new Hub4 two days ago our internet radio has been dropping out completely or falling from 100% to 30% and then it "times out". Any ideas? We use a CEOL-Denon with V tuner (I could supply model number etc later). My other half is wanting to reject the new Hub4 and revert to the "old" router... I am loathe to do so as for things other than the radio it is working very well and fast.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet radio drops out

is the connection to the radio via wifi - if so have you split the wifi bands and turned off smart wifi 

why did you upgrade to the hub4 - its basically for 1gig connections although they do supply it for other reasone

going back to the old hub nay be possible if you still have it assuming you are not on 1gig - it would need reactivating and that can be an uphill battle

Tony
0 Kudos
LameShepherd
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Tony,

Thank you for taking the trouble to answer. 

I am afraid I have more questions... Yes the radio connects via the wifi rather than by a physical cable into the back of the Hub from the device but I do not understand about splitting the wifi bands and turning off smart wifi. My husband has checked that we have the latest firmware on the device. 

I upgraded to a Hub4 because I was invited to do by Virgin Media and it seemed like a good idea at the time. We still have the old router but in the light of what you say about how difficult it might be to revert, I will probably not attempt to do this but return the old one as directed by Virgin Media, within the next few days, and to be fair, the old router didn't always manage to keep the radio playing either!

So long story short I'm not really any further forward with this. But thanks anyway!

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

to split the bands you need to log into the hub then go to advanced settings - wireless - security and you will see 2 boxes marked ssid - one for the 2.4 band the other for the 5 - rename one of them - just add 5 after the ssid for the 5 band save that and then go to - wireless signal from the left name

turn off - Disable Channel Optimization - again save and thats it 

you can then choose which band the radio connects to rather than it guessing 

hopefully that will help

Tony
0 Kudos