Menu
munrobasher
Up to speed
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Internet not working on Superhub 1

Friend has lost internet and this is what her hub is doing? Faulty hub or possibly rain in the external wiring?

Video of faulty hub 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet not working on Superhub 1

perhaps the psu is faulty

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Also get the friend to check first for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
munrobasher
Up to speed
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Will do although I live two streets away and my VM is fine. But yes, could be a very local fault.

0 Kudos
munrobasher
Up to speed
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It does look a bit hardware related... could take mine around and see if it works.
0 Kudos
munrobasher
Up to speed
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Although is there anything in the router that's tied to my account/line?
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@munrobasher wrote:
Although is there anything in the router that's tied to my account/line?

yes - Hubs are locked to accounts - yours wont work there.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Call it in as faulty - they will just send a replacement Hub out - the SH1 belongs in a skip or museum now any way
-----------------------------------------

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. Although some people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue. Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take a few days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @munrobasher

Thanks for posting here on behalf of your friend. We an certainly look into this for you and your friend. It might be easier if your friend does post on here if she is having issues. 

If this hasn't been sorted out by our team, we can take a  look into the account for your friend, or if you know the details, we are more than happy to take a look. 

Please do let us knows so we can get this sorted out. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
munrobasher
Up to speed
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I've suggested she calls VM directly as yes, it's difficult for us to help as a proxy. Cheers, Rob.

0 Kudos