cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps dropping out

Woodyjester
Joining in

Hi, 

My internet keeps dropping out for 30s which is causing issues with zoom calls, I have tried restarting my hub and checked all the connections are tight. Is there common fault or reason for this?

Thanks

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Woodyjester,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, sorry to see you are facing issues with WiFi, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and it looks like you have weak WiFi on some devices, other than this there are no other issues showing, I can see your Router hasn't been rebooted for over 30 days, maybe try a reboot.

In regards to WiFi  there are some great hints, tips and general support here Including our Connect App, with this you can diagnose and fix most WiFi issues, you can also run a black spot check, if any are located you can order our WiFi Max which comes with up to 3 Pods and a Guranteed 20MBPS per room Via WiFi.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mark (Woodyjester) 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear you have been having some connection issues! Having had a look for you on our systems I can see your hub did register some disconnections on Wednesday and Thursday this week but things seem to have settled down since. (You can also check this via 👉 RealSpeed - SamKnows)  

The connection at your local exchange is also not showing any issues so hopefully you have seen an improvement. 

Let us know how you are currently getting on so we can investigate further and offer more support if needed!

I appreciate connection issues can be frustrating, so thank you for your patience in the meantime! 

All the best 🌞

Molly

Hi, I am still having issues my devices in my home keeps losing connection with my wifi and my routers internet connection keeps dropping out. This has only started this year but seems be getting worse.

Hi Woodyjester,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, sorry to see you are facing issues with WiFi, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and it looks like you have weak WiFi on some devices, other than this there are no other issues showing, I can see your Router hasn't been rebooted for over 30 days, maybe try a reboot.

In regards to WiFi  there are some great hints, tips and general support here Including our Connect App, with this you can diagnose and fix most WiFi issues, you can also run a black spot check, if any are located you can order our WiFi Max which comes with up to 3 Pods and a Guranteed 20MBPS per room Via WiFi.

Regards

Paul.

Hi,

The router has been reset, all my devices keep losing connection I have 2 google minis and 1 google hub which are constantly losing internet connection and not reconnecting, I have not moved these devices and they have worked with no issues for several years, it is only since city fibre have been digging up the local area that I have been getting these intermittent internet issues. These help forums are useless as I keep getting the same replies, why should my router keep having to be reset is this just cheap equipment?

Thanks for getting back to us @Woodyjester on the forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience you're having with the Wi-Fi.
I've checked your services and everything going down to your hub seems to be fine with no issues.

The issue seems to be from the hub to the devices,
Have you tried to download the Connect App so we can review the coverage of Wi-Fi in the house?

Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have used the app and also a wifi signal analyser and have seen the wifi signal from the router drop off then come back after 30s.

Thanks for confirming that you have tried this, did the app advise if you needed WIFI Pods to help with the connection to the devices? If so, you can order this as part of WIFI Max. 

Further information on this can be found here. If you need anything further, please let us know, we'll be happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

This issue is not weak signal, it is that the router loses internet which can be from 30 seconds to a couple of minutes which is causing zoom meeting to disconnect and my google hub and mini to lose internet connection. It has been going on for several months before this I have had no issues and I haven't moved any of the devices so why would it be signal unless the router is getting old and needs replacing?

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for this reply and for sharing more on this issue, Woodyjester.

Please, allow us to advise that if the issue with poor coverage and slow connection/drop outs on your devices is long-term this may cause an overall issue with your service and hub performance if not resolved.

As an effect, the connection may destabilise causing disconnections on both wired and wireless - this can be resolved by enhancing the signal and coverage with the help of Wi Fi Max.

On our end, we can confirm that upon latest checks there does not seem to be an issue with our local network impacting the in-home services.

However, there seem to be devices that are not happy with the signal they receive and this may be improved with the help from our wireless pods.

Lastly, if you believe there is a problem with the hub and how it performs we can run a few checks to identify this.

For doing so, we'd need all 3rd party equipment disconnected (such as other hubs or boosters) and then run a speed test over a wired connection (ethernet) directly on our hub here.

Please, let us know if you've managed to run a speed test and what are the values you get there, also check if the connect app has any advice on how to improve your connection over wireless and tell us if a pod is recommended so we can assist further.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs