Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Internet issues

Hi, I have really good upload and download speeds, however my connection keeps on dropping suddenly, it’s extremely frustrating. Any advice? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet issues

Dropping on Wifi and/or ethernet connections?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

both are.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Have you first checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through quickly, although I got through recently in 20' at ~1pm midweek.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up as soon as they see it and be able to help in a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Okay thanks:)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I’ve tried calling them but due to the pandemic they are currently closed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Char0498 wrote:

I’ve tried calling them but due to the pandemic they are currently closed.

Ring earlier in the day, the best time is at 8am. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Is there a online support chat or something I can go into? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The connection only seems to be dropping for like 5 seconds.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So ive been on hold now for 45 minutes listening to the same song.  I also got cut off when trying to call before this call.

Has anyone managed to get a response on this? Last week and now into this week out internet keeps dropping out.  Both myself and my Husband work from home and have alot of Teams Calls.  Its getting to be embarrassing when you are kicked out of a meeting every few minutes unexpectedly.

I have done everything to try and resolve it.  Reset the router, switched off at the wall, used the Connect app to establish black spots etc (which there arent any)

Can anyone help please, working as a Key Worker at home is becoming impossible and i cant seem to talk to anyone at Virgin Media.

Help!

0 Kudos